Love love love the color of this sorbet! :) - though we ended up having it as a drink thanks to the searing temperature at Vizag. The drinkable look in the pic is for the same reason – peaked degrees outdoors.
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 60ml blue curacao or a required
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar or as required
- 3 cups water
- grated orange zest
In a pan, heat water and add the sugar. Stir till the sugar dissolves.
Add the orange zest and stir till it comes to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Let it stand for sometime till the flavour bleeds into the mix. Strain out the zest and to this, add the vodka and curacao . Stir. Taste and add vodka as per taste.
Pour into serving glasses and freeze till set. This will set with a coarse texture and not like ice. Serve with a spoon to scoop.
- You could add on freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add the curacao part by part. You could stop mid way if you think it is over powering.
- I always use powdered sugar. Saves stirring around.
- Dry up grated orange peels when in season. Make sure that only the orange part of the peel is used. The white fibrous part imparts a biter taste.
- The zest infused mix can be prepared earlier and stored.